Obesity (overweight) is a condition when the BMI (Body Mass Index) of a person lies above 30.
Just take the ratio of body weight (in kgs) and the square of the person’s height (in mts) to get the BMI.
BMI of 25 to 29.9 indicates that the person is overweight and it is better to exercise proper measures for weight loss and health maintenance at this stage.
BMI of 30 and above indicates obesity.
CAUSES OF OBESITY
- Over eating
- Increased frequency of eating
- Eating foods having high carbohydrate content
- Lack of physical activities
- Certain diseases such as Hypothyroidism, Cushing’s syndrome, PCOS, Insulin resistance.
- Certain medications
- Psychological factors
- Genetical factors
Given below are the 10 ways to lose weight.
10 Ways To Lose Weight
- Easily obtainable fresh curry leaves, turmeric, mint and spices like ginger, cinnamon, black pepper are found to be very beneficial for weight loss.
- Ayurvedic Therapy To Lose Weight At Ayurvedagram.
- Deep dry massages with herbal powders and pastes helps in weight loss.
- Synchronised massage with specific oils and herbal steam helps mobilise accumulated fat resulting in weight loss.
- Specially designed diet and yoga programs helps reduce weight.
- Other therapies like Panchakarma are also administered based on the requirement of the individual.
- Specific yoga postures like vakrasana and shalabasana are advised that helps in weight loss.
- A glass of lukewarm water with lime juice and honey daily morning on empty stomach is also very helpful.
- Smaller meals after every three hours help reduce weight.
- A glass of orange, pineapple or carrot juice is also very helpful.
Why Weight-Reduction At Ayurvedagram?
Weight reduction program at Ayurvedagram, Bangalore-India are delivered by expert therapists that result in speeding up of metabolism,, blood purification, de-stressing and increasing the focus of the mind.
It helps in loosing weight by eliminating extra fat.
It adds a glow to the skin, making the hair thick and the mind calmer.
Ayurvedgram has a host of facilities for the visitors coming from various countries.
- Activity centre and library
- Amphi theatre
- Conference Hall
- Doctor on call
- Herbal grounds
- Running track
- Recreation / sports
- Yoga Hall
The qualified professionals, state-of-the-art facilities coupled with world-class yet homely ambience at Ayurvedagram presents an unforgettable experience to nationals visiting from various countries every year.